The twining cables at the neckline didn't work out - it was just too crowded & busy to look nice. So I frogged & went with my other idea - cables straight up the sides. That worked much better:
I'm keeping the straps on the wide side so bra straps hopefully won't be an issue while wearing. Because of where I started the armholes, the tank ended up more of a V-neck type pullover, although that can be changed easily enough. I have some more yarn like this in my stash - I'm thinking I'll make a second style in a different size, just to experiment a bit.
I'll start on the back today - that shouldn't take too long. :)
I did some gardening yesterday at about 6 AM - before the heat and the bees set in. ::wink::
It took me about an hour, but I got most of the grass out of the area and planted some new things. I know you can't see from the angle of the picture, but on the left is the Mexican Evening Primrose, then a few Oriental Lilies with Trailing African Daisies on the right. I still need to get back in & pull some more grass but I think it's a big improvement. :)
I'm dying to start a new project, but I swear I'm going to finish Green Apples first!