Rhubarb & I have a lovely relationship so far:
Hey Mikey! It fits!
Because I've been knitting & pretty much guessing this entire time, I decided I'd better try it on. You know - just to be sure.
The sleeves are perfect - just enough stretch to fit tight without cutting off circulation. To accommodate the girls, instead of darts as some have done, I just added about 2" to the cast on for the bottom of the neckline. Risky, yes, but ultimately I think it will pay off. I won't have extra fabric for the bust, I'll have extra space. (Yeah - I'll be wearing a cami under this one.) I will also add an inch or two to the neckline ribbing - just so the neck doesn't fall open & frame...um....things unattractively. ::wink::
It looked like this was going to be too roomy UNDER the bust, however, so I started the waistline decreases early:
I've done the required number in the pattern, but will continue decreasing for another 5" or so (until I hit my waistline) and then I'll increase back out, making it much more fitted...and eliminating some of the danger of the cotton stretching after washing & wearing.
So far, so good!
If any of you are looking for a photo printer, my Canon Pixma iP6220D came in yesterday and I absolutely LOVE it. It actually worked right out of the box. (Trust me - that NEVER happens to me.) And the pictures are great quality - better than the Kodak Printer Dock that crapped out on me.
Plus we can print pix directly from our phones via the Bluetooth technology. Will wonders never cease.